Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello

I have recently bought arlo pro 2 (VMS4230P) and can't see my manual recordings in my libary.
This only happen when the cameras are plugged in and if i run them on battery i can see the recordings in my libary.

Every thing else seems to work.

I am sorry for my bad english but i hope you can read and understand.

Nicken

13 REPLIES 13
Dannybear
Master
Master
I can confirm the same issue you describe with my pro2 system. No idea when the bug appeared but likely the latest base firmware.
Interestingly it will allow a single recording to the cloud but no more after that on any cabled cameras. If you power cycle the camera charger it again allows a single recording to be made.
Power cycling the base will allow the single recording again.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
I can confirm the same issue you describe with my pro2 system. No idea when the bug appeared but likely the latest base firmware.

It might be helpful if people seeing this bug would identify the base station model they are using.

Dannybear
Master
Master
My system details are

Arlo Base Station VMB4000 - 1.14.1.2_2916_1fdeefd - 5th November 2019

Arlo Pro 2 VMC4030P - 1.125.13.0_31717 - 16th April 2019
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@StephenB My base station VMB4500 1.14.0.9_2883_cab9a4b.

Nicken

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Thx.  My own pro 2 cameras are connect to VMB5000 base stations, and manual recordings are working on my cameras.  But they aren't connected to AC power.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello @StephenB

This only happen when cameras are plugged in for me.

I am also interested in base station vmb5000.

Do you still have the free 7-days cloud recording plan when you use your pro 2 cameras with vmb5000 base station or does this only work with the original base station?

Nicken

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Retired_Member

Are you still having issues viewing your manual recordings in the library?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes, no manuel recordings in library when cameras are plugged in and if cameras are on battery every manuel recording is in library.

I have talked to the support in Sweden and they have passed on this problem to the technicians at arlo.

It looks like a software problem because every thing else seems to work fine and hopefylly they will fix it with a update.

Nicken

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Retired_Member

I was not able to replicate this issue. Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes i have talked to the customer support in sweden and they passed the problem to technicians at arlo.

I tried to do manuel recordings this morning and everything showed up in the library .

I have not heard from customer support in sweden yet but l guess they have fixed it because i have not chaged anything in my system and now it works 👍.

Nicken

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Retired_Member

That is great news. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Here comes an update.

The manuel recordings has worked since last reply but unfortunately has new problems appeared.

Randomly without any reason does one off my two cameras stop detecting motion and does not record but the second camera still work.

This applies for both my cameras and to fix it i have to reboot the base station.

Before when l had problem with manually recordings this never happend.

I am sorry to say but i am starting to regret my purchase.

Nicken

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Retired_Member

I would suggest to reboot the camera by removing > Re-inserting the battery or removing from Settings > My Devices - Re-Add it. 

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation