Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Doxiedoglover
Apprentice
Apprentice

With all the news coverage this week on inside security cameras being hacked..have any of you had yours hacked?
My cameras are outside only but now I am very curious 🤔

3 REPLIES 3
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
If anything ever happened to my cameras, I don’t think that they would be hacked. The hardware and security features are pretty solid. I think if anything happened to my Arlo cameras, it would be that someone might steal my password and maybe use that leverage to view my cameras or talk through them. But I don’t think my cameras will ever be hacked
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TMK, Arlo hasn't been hacked... in the past 4 yrs since I started.

There was an incident a yr or two ago where a USED unit was put into play and what I believe was the old owner getting the videos or alerts.... but not a hack , just a used unit not properly reset/removed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on the news reports (we don't have inside info so we have to hope it's true), the "hacks" are due to login credentials being made available. You can't change your email address to a hidden account (well, you could but that's not likely) but use of a strong password negates attempts to get into your account. The issue appears to be reuse of passwords on multiple accounts where one or more have been made available.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation