Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Or Charged Battery in Pro 2 Causing Lots Of Notifications?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
robbiebrown34
Guide
Guide

So I've had my Arlo system for around 1 year now. Generally its been a good system although I have to admit - trusting it 100% is very difficult! I have one camera on the driveway which has CVR enabled, so its a little easier to trust (until it goes offline and I don't get a notification!!!)

The camera at the front of my house is battery only. And I've noticed that whenever I insert a newly charged battery, the notifications go through the roof - it see's everything, wind, slight bush movements - everything! I've tried the obvious of setting the motion detection sensitivity down to as low a level 10 - Same issue. I've reset the hole system but it just keeps happening so I've now turned off the notifications and I'm just letting it do its thing. However, we have milk delivered overnight and it completely missed it. Yet a slight move of a bush - it saw!? 

Anyone else had similar issues? I'm going to try a new battery when I get home later tonight I think.

I've been a proper fanboy of Arlo since day one but my patience is wearing thin. I'm concerned that when I need the camera the most it will let me down. C'mon Arlo - Don't push a loyal customer away!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a screenshot of the camera view for suggestions. A mistake that many folks make is trying to get to broad a view with the camera which then leads to many false triggers.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation