Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

Regarding the new live feed under the latest App update: the alarm banner partially blocks of the view.

I understand why it put there, to easily access the alarm, but I don't think it's a good idea.

100 REPLIES 100
trose348
Star
Star

i have an iphone 7, arlo did an update a couple days ago.  now i have a long banner accross the top that says 'alarm'.......can't get rid of it & it take up the entire top of the screen.  I can't see anything on top due to this.  Why would anyone there @ Arlo think this is a good idea to do?  I can send you screen shots or video of this.  It happens when I view from my Iphone, not the home computer & only when I expand the view on the phone.  Please take this alarm button/long banner/button away from the top & put it back on the bottom like it used to be w/ the rest of the icons!

malcolmr
Tutor
Tutor

I agree entirely!

DJSven
Initiate
Initiate

Bit of common sense required before releasing an update to iOS. 

Developers should conduct a quality check before rushing out an update. 

That alarm banner blocks a signifiacnt part of the camera view when viewing live. 

malcolmr
Tutor
Tutor

I understand that there have been previous complaints from people who couldn’t find the Alarm at all but, for me, the ability to view the whole image is much more important than being able to sound the alarm.

Perhaps the display of the Alarm button in full screen mode could be made configurable with options to:
- display it as it now is
- hide it completely
- include it in the (hideable) tool bar

trose348
Star
Star

I had no problem 'finding the alarm button' before & can't understand why other's couldn't/wouldn't

It is ridiculous that ARLO would do an update & put a banner w/ an alarm button as long as the screen because other's couldn't find a button on the lower part w/ the rest of the icons????  

Filmhits
Guide
Guide
Agreed.That banner is VERY INTRUSIVE WITH NO WAY TO REMOVE IT. INANE CONCEPT!!
anewtoi
Apprentice
Apprentice
New guy here!
I hate when things like this happens. I'm Sure there were people who complained about not being able to find the tab but I feel it [WAS] in a perfect location previously.
Yet another example of everyone having to be throttled back and walk with the slowest among us
trose348
Star
Star

been experimenting w/ trying to fig. out why this alarm banner is right accross the top of my iphone when i view expanded video......my home computer doesn't have it & my Ipad has the banner way high up & out of the video.  It's interesting to see different devices & how this alarm banner is displayed.  

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
It’s Netgear, they only test on one device.
DJSCHIEF
Initiate
Initiate

Since the new update a black bar with alarm is across the top of the screen when the iphone is turned sideways blocking the view.  Please put a small alarm button on the botton where the other buttons are so the top view of hte screen is not blocked.  

Dayzee
Star
Star

Unable to activate the alarm for selected cameras since the update

Rcasey
Initiate
Initiate
The new location of the Alarm button when you expand a live video in landscape mode blocks out way too much space. Remove from there and just leave on the main page.
Forrnellie
Tutor
Tutor
I don’t like the alarm banner either. It’s right in the view of the sidewalk of my view. Please take it away or option to take it down
trose348
Star
Star

I phoned them about this exorbitantly irritating , long banner on top of the screen..............they said they'll look into it!

Forrnellie
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you!!!
Forrnellie
Tutor
Tutor

Overhill
Initiate
Initiate
This is bad can not view upper part of my cameras got a email saying there sytem was hacked and cust need to change password Arlo seems to have a lot of bad trouble with this system may return before my 60day return window expires
EvilDerboy
Initiate
Initiate
I cannot believe that a professional developer actually though blocking out the top quarter of the screen on landscape view would be a good idea!

This needs to be changed back ASAP. Why not make it disappear with a tap on the screen the same way the bar at the bottom does?
trose348
Star
Star

a lot of glitches w/ the arlo app, am learning to become a flippin hacker myself just trying to get it to do what it should w/ this app.  😞

Wirelezz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo v. 2.5.2 update showed up this afternoon on my iPhone X, says "Bug Fixes". However the obstrusive alarm bar is still present and the dissapearing Monday in scheduling mode is still present. Doesn't look like anything has changed from before. So what Bugs were squashed Arlo? 

Also as I write this there's no documentation on the Firmware Release Page either. 

DJSven
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo/Netgear have advised they are aware of the alarm banner issue blocking the view on live landscape modes when using an iPhone. A fix has been promised however, no timeframe could be given.
Disappointing that no representative has made a public comment on the issue.
psmechanical
Initiate
Initiate

Get rid of the alarm banner and put it somewhere else!!!

MSP66
Tutor
Tutor

Ok Arlo. There have been at least two updates since this Alarm button issue (yes... I consider it an issue now). Please make it smaller or at least have it dissapear when you tap for full screen/view. The menu at the bottom dissapears so please make the Alarm button dissapear as well. 

trose348
Star
Star

they used to have it on the lower 'task bar' w/ all the other buttons........................why in theeeeeee heeeeellllll would they put it up top, solo & oh yeah exorbitantly long banner????really?  really?  I can do better & I am not a programmer!  ARG!!!

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@trose348

Here's my possible answer. It's because the talented Arlo Engineer is doing it on Portrait mode all along and thinks its all good and forgot that its blocking the view when on landscape mode and didn't even bother to check it... Am pretty sure its not that hard to get this thing fixed.. They just stick to their scheduled update release which is 2-3 months from now or more.. So we customers have to suck it up.. Amazing that they released twice(2.5.1 and 2.5.2) updates and still this is not fixed.. Sad indeed..