Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New install yesterday, live view seems like a snapshot, armed it does trigger recording

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Richard-RedOak
Follower
Follower

when you go to live view it seems like a snapshot, walk into camera view but it does not show you in the cam view, disconnect and reconnect live view and now it shows current view but does not update.  in armed mode it does trigger when you walk into cam view and will show your movement in recorded clip.

5 REPLIES 5
ttbakiatwoam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also installed the Pro 2 Cameras and Base Station recently. I discovered that my camera feed issues were because I did not have an adequate WiFi signal to the camera. I am fortunate enough to have the ability to turn up the power on my wireless access point transmission signals. However, if you don't have this option you may need to invest in other access points or a mesh network system. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Richard-RedOak

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ttbakiatwoam wrote:

I also installed the Pro 2 Cameras and Base Station recently. I discovered that my camera feed issues were because I did not have an adequate WiFi signal to the camera. I am fortunate enough to have the ability to turn up the power on my wireless access point transmission signals. However, if you don't have this option you may need to invest in other access points or a mesh network system. 

To clarify - your camera use a closed wifi network hosted by the base.  So turning up the wifi signal strength in your mesh won't improve the camera->base connection - because that connection isn't carried by your home wifi.

If the base ethernet connection is bridged to the router using mesh wifi or a wifi extender, than poor performance in the mesh or the extender->router will cause issues.  That's on the base->cloud connection path, not the camera->case connection.

Plus, those issues would show up in other ways too - for instance, streaming video through the extender or mesh satellite would also have similar problems.

ttbakiatwoam
Aspirant
Aspirant
You maybe right... but moving the basestation did not help. Boosting the power on my APs did, more or less because the cameras went from 1-2 bars to full 3 bars. So you can monkey around with moving the base, or you can fix the issue. Either way mines fixed.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ttbakiatwoam wrote:
You maybe right... but moving the basestation did not help. Boosting the power on my APs did, more or less because the cameras went from 1-2 bars to full 3 bars. So you can monkey around with moving the base, or you can fix the issue. Either way mines fixed.

I didn't actually suggest moving the base, though of course moving it closer to the cameras will improve signal strength.

Boosting the power on the APs won't help directly for the reasons I said.  The cameras just don't connect to the APs.  But it is possible that the signal boost might have "encouraged" the base to shift to a different wifi channel (to avoid interference), which might have helped.  If that's what happened, then keep an eye on the signal strength, as it might well revert back to the lower level.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation