Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New arlo pro 2 cameras wont sync with vmb4500. Older cameras will but not new cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Camt12
Aspirant
Aspirant

No matter what i do, the new arlo pro 2 cameras will not sync with the vmb4500 base station they came with. Older cameras will but not the new ones. Why?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the base updated on its firmware? WHat have you tried? What do you see, including error messages and LED blinks?

Generally, all you have to do is briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds - and then a camera's button. You can also try the app or web client which will step you through the same thing. And make sure the camera batteries are charged.

Camt12
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried that, although you shouldnt have to push the sync button at all. My old arlo cameras will load to it but my 3 new ones will not. Tried everything. Have looked at every possible troubleshooting options online and mucked around with it for over 6 hours. Im taking them back And getting a replacement kit. I now believe they may be faulty.
Camt12
Aspirant
Aspirant
All i see is both the base station blinking blue and the camera but only slow and no pairing happens whatsoever
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Camt12,

Have you tried following the troubleshooting steps from this article: My Arlo camera will not sync with my SmartHub or base station; how can I troubleshoot it?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation