Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New System Installed 1 camera has battery issue

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Chatham14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Greetings all. Purchased and installed the Arlo yesterday. One of the four cameras is not being powered by batteries, j have tested this with all the batteries and the other three function fine. This tells me there is an issue with the camera itself with a connection to the battery. Any known resets or quick fixes? Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you tested with other batteries and NG, you can also test without battery and just use the ac adapter...

If NG still, either go to place of purchase ( prob faster ) or contact Arlo support for warranty

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Chatham14
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your reply. I have tested with no battery and used the supplied power adapter which does work. My issue (third world problems) is the desire to use it wirelessly as purchased. I am pending a response from Arlo to the trouble ticket I opened, as well as contacted the box store I purchased from who were more than willing to exchange the system. My issue there (another third world problem) is the disassembly/repackaging/transporting if there is a more simple solution such as some MAF cleaner spray, or something else.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

would NOT use spray cleaner on inside.... but a gentle wipe of contacts with pencil eraser may help

( both battery and inside contacts )

PS yes one of the inside contacts is normally different from others... it is the ground that is supposed to contact battery first

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation