Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Need to Restart system periodically to keep one camera going.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
shadowb
Aspirant
Aspirant

1) At least once a week one of my cameras stops recording and I get "Time Out" immediately when I try to view it.  I restart the system and everything is back to normal.  Firmware 1.19.0.3_4074_68a8e53  No updates available.  Hardware VMB4000r3  Serial 4R058A7DB3C2D ... Any suggestions?  2) With this system Is there a way to connect the cameras via one of my wifi access points?  The cameras are currently connected directly to the Arlo base station but I cannot get excellent signal strength on all cameras, some are relatively weak, which may be contributing to the problem as the system has become older.  It worked fine for years.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@shadowb wrote:

2) With this system Is there a way to connect the cameras via one of my wifi access points?

It depends on the camera model, not the base station model.  Also if you do connect that way, you will need a subscription to get cloud storage.

Pro 3 and earlier do not support direct connection to home wifi.  The Pro 3 floodlight, Pro 4, and Essential cameras do.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@shadowb wrote:

2) With this system Is there a way to connect the cameras via one of my wifi access points?

It depends on the camera model, not the base station model.  Also if you do connect that way, you will need a subscription to get cloud storage.

Pro 3 and earlier do not support direct connection to home wifi.  The Pro 3 floodlight, Pro 4, and Essential cameras do.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation