Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need some clarification before purchasing Arlo Smart for my 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras with no sub

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Binaryfool
Star
Star

I have a few questions regarding Arlo Smart subscription plan. 

My Arlo account currently has 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras with no subscription plan (7 days cloud video history).  I am aware that there is a limitation of 5 cameras per account without Smart plan and that I can buy another base, setup another account and grant access as a workaround to have more cameras. However, I do not want to do that. I only want to add 1 additional camera for now, and I'm willing to subscribe to a Smart plan. I just need some clarifications prior to starting one.

1. I added the 6th camera to my base and my.arlo.com allows me to purchase a single camera plan for my 6th camera without  selecting any plan for my other cameras. Does that mean I can just buy Smart plan for my 6th camera without having to start subscription for the other 5 cameras or do I have to purchase subscription for the other 5 as well to have all of them activated under 1 account?

2. If I have to buy subscriptions for all 6 cameras to have all of them active under one account, what would happen if I cancel all subscriptions in the future? Will the 5 cameras go back to 7-days free cloud video history and the 6th camera be deactivated?

3. I heard that with active Smart premier subscription, the limitation raises up to 15 cameras per account.  Is that true? If not, how many cameras can I have total in 1 account with active subscription?

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Binaryfool,

1. I added the 6th camera to my base and my.arlo.com allows me to purchase a single camera plan for my 6th camera without  selecting any plan for my other cameras. Does that mean I can just buy Smart plan for my 6th camera without having to start subscription for the other 5 cameras or do I have to purchase subscription for the other 5 as well to have all of them activated under 1 account?

Yes, you can purchase an Arlo Smart plan for a single camera, which you can refer to here: Arlo Smart

2. If I have to buy subscriptions for all 6 cameras to have all of them active under one account, what would happen if I cancel all subscriptions in the future? Will the 5 cameras go back to 7-days free cloud video history and the 6th camera be deactivated?

When you cancel your plan, all your recordings in the Arlo cloud are deleted and the first five cameras will revert back to 7-days free cloud recording and the sixth camera will be deactivated as you mentioned above. If you cancel your subscription before the end of the subscription term, a prorated refund is automatically credited to your original method of payment.

3. I heard that with active Smart premier subscription, the limitation raises up to 15 cameras per account.  Is that true? If not, how many cameras can I have total in 1 account with active subscription?

You can have up to five cameras for the Arlo Smart Premier or Elite Plan and after the five cameras, you get 50% off for each additional camera. You can refer to the cost with the given link above.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation