Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My cameras are not detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
sielee
Tutor
Tutor

So irritated.  Trying to find info on why my 2 of 5 camersas are not dectecting motion.  (I bought all 5 in a package)  They have been in use for almost 9 months.  These things are on the check list from the article: Why isn't my Arlo detecting motion? 

1Your camera is positioned properly. CHECH

2You’re not aiming your Arlo camera to look through glass. CHECK.  My camera and it does not detect me when I get in the way or move camera 

3The motion detection feature is enabled.  CHECK.  It has worked in the past.

4.Your motion sensitivity settings aren't set too low.  CHECK.  It is at 80% and the detection test does not work, nor does the yellow light signal detection 

5.The registered email address in your Arlo app is correct.  CHECK.  I get other arlo alerts from my other working cameras.

6.  Delete camera and re-sync.  CHECK.  And still does not work.     

7.  And battery at like 86%

Please help me! What on earth could it be? These cameras are too new to be going bad.  They are also expensive and should last a very long time.  What else can be done?  I should not have to PAY for new cameras if this is the issue.  They should be exchanged.  

S. Lee

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I know you mention the sense at 80%.... but to verify;

Are you setting the Sense level in the MODE? The test setting is just that, for testing to get a % to use in the mode settings.

Also, I run most of my cameras close to 90%, but also I limited the cameras to cover an area NOT bigger than the PIR can detect people ( about 25ft max )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
sielee
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you so much for your reply.  I read someone saying about taking out the battery and putting it back in.  I tried the other day but didnt push a lever.  Well, I just did..... and for now it works! It picked up motion and emailed me!  If I have questions in the future, I know where to go.  

Thanks again

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation