Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My cameras are not appearing under, "My Devices".

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
joe1821
Apprentice
Apprentice

Until last night it was fine but now for some reason my cameras are not appearing under, "My Devices".  I have tried resetting the hub and reinstalling both cameras.  Both cameras go through the installation process successfully, but they do not appear under my devices.  I wanted to removing each of them and reinstalling them but they don't appear under, "My Devices" so I can't even remove them.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the phone and reinstall the app. ALso try a computer browser to see if the same thing happens.

joe1821
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jguerdat I am not on a phone.  I use this system on my PC and now that I have tried everything I can think of, I even went out and bought a new router.  I am still having problems and I am wondering is the internet is experiencing problems related to people not working.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use both with no issues. The router can't possibly be the issue unless it blocks access to arlo.com. That's a security setting, not a default one.

Have you tried a different computer and/or browser? Internet security software can cause problems - Kaspersky seems to continue to be a PITA. However, that usually results in NO access, not selective.

joe1821
Apprentice
Apprentice

After trying to reinstall the hub about 10 times with a new router and the old one, I determined that the hub was not accepting the 'reset' function.  I also found that the router was not working to accept the 2 remote PCs that I have only 20 feet from it.  The old router worked perfectly for 2 years, however for some reason, at the same time that the hub would not reset, the router also failed.  I have a new router working now, and I took the Arlo Pro 2 back to Best Buy for a replacement order that will arrive in a week.  I'm hoping for the best.  I only had one major complaint with the Arlo and that is that not all of the video clips were being recorded on my thumb drive and I have no idea why.  Otherwise the cameras are adequate..... IF they continue to function.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@joe1821 wrote:

After trying to reinstall the hub about 10 times with a new router and the old one, I determined that the hub was not accepting the 'reset' function.  I also found that the router was not working to accept the 2 remote PCs that I have only 20 feet from it.  The old router worked perfectly for 2 years, however for some reason, at the same time that the hub would not reset, the router also failed.  

FWIW, a hub failure wouldn't break your router.  The simpler explanation is that router failed.  Then resetting the base wouldn't succeed because part of the reset process is to reconnect the base to the Arlo cloud (which failed because the router wasn't working).

joe1821
Apprentice
Apprentice

Actually I didn't think the hub would be able to affect the router either simply because there is no electrical connection between them, however I believe it may have changed the settings in the router.

After troubleshooting the old router as a last ditch effort at restoring it, I managed (through the website) to change some settings and I got the old router back up.  I'm glad too because it was a much better and faster router.  On Monday I'll have the new system anyway, and I'm confident it will work out.  I'll take the new router back today and wait for Monday.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@joe1821 wrote:

however I believe it may have changed the settings in the router.

No, it can't do that either.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation