Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My batteries don't charge and charger cable is wrong. Should be using 9v charger?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bnic706
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I seem to be having lots of issues with my artwork system maybe some one can help me out as arlo seem to avoid most questions. 

I have the arlo pro 2 cameras with base station (6 cameras) - 2 arlo lights with bridges. 

My main problem is that majority of my batteries do not seem to take charge. I purchased more batteries and keep having the same issues. Currently i have 12 batteries that are dead. I plug the camera into my arlo charger and it shows on the app that the camera is charging, as soon as i un plug the camera it just turns off. Its clear that the batteries are just not taking charge (even after 24 hrs etc). I also have a double charger which will not charge them either. 

After speaking to Arlo they have advised i should be using a 9v charger, but all the chargers i have been supplied with are 5v chargers? its ridiculous but their not even offering to supply a new charger as clearly they have supplied the wrong one with all my products. This has probably lead to all my batteries now being defect and not taking charge even when im now using another 9v charger i had top purchase. Im just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

12 batteries all not taking charge, a double charger that doesn't work and been supplied 5 chargers that are all the wrong volt output. If this is the quality of arlo products then its clear i should be scrapping this system and going elsewhere. 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just make sure you are using the SUPPLIED charger that came with the cameras ( not the lights )

As to the 9v charger, it is sort of a mistake from the tech help....

To understand, the Pro cameras need a dual qualcom type charger that supplied 5 and 9 v... later the Pro2 cameras ( with some early releases being exceptions ) requires only a 5v charger

So check out the listed output on your ac adapter cube.... the out put is listed in small print... ( some times you can zoom in with a phone to read ).   If you have any dual voltage cubes, try them.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
bnic706
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI, 

the charger i have been supplied with is 5v output, that's the same with all arlo products i have purchased. 

I borrowed a arlo 9/10v charger from a friend who had one, and it charges the battery. the 5v one does not charge it, that's fro definite. 

I don't know if its something to do with the updated software on the cameras but the 5v chargers used to work but now they do not. When plugged in it shows as charging on the icon on the app but after 24hrs the battery % does not charge. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS...

If the batteries are really flat there is a procedure to follow to allow them to charge;

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation