Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fmllc
Aspirant
Aspirant

My.arlo.com no longer updates camera charge level data for our Pro 2 cameras. The current version on our system is dated September 8 2022.

On 9-30-22 the Arlo Secure app was updated for android. The app does not update our camera battery charge levels.

I no longer receive email notices that a camera is below 15% and needs charging. 

The app is still working on an iphone, which has not been forced to update yet.

My Arlo Pro 2 camera system was purchased in December 2021 and is still under warranty.

Clearing cookies and cache and starting computers up again makes no difference. Using a different browser (Edge, Firefox, Safari, Chrome) makes no difference.  Using a PC desktop, laptop, or Apple laptop makes no difference.  Signing in and out of the website makes no difference. Taking cameras off and online makes no difference.

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master

Make sure the iPhone’s auto updating is disabled so it doesn’t get trashed as well incase the next update is buggy also.

the web portal problem with battery status has been about for many months so no good until arlo gets it sorted.

the android app issue has been reported previously but this was well before the last app update.

you could try deleting the arlo app and data on the android device and reinstalling to start with. Maybe power cycling the base in between.

fmllc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your suggestions - most helpful is the reminder to block iphone updates in case they screw up that app.

Deleting the app and reinstalling, power cycling the base... no change.  But thanks.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Yes, it is best to wait a few weeks, check the forum for bug reports before updating.

Shame this is not optional for the arlo equipment firmware updates, would have saved customers a lot of anxiety, time and money rebuilding their systems after the years.

At least with the iPhone still working you have some reliably to work with.

Seems to me that the web portal bug has progressed to the android app, sorry I don’t have any workarounds to offer.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation