Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Base Station (VMB4000r3) will not work with external USB and unable to view through app

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mltomko
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well after speaking to Neil with Chat Support Case # 42025661, they are telling me that my base station will not work with recording to the Ext. USB and be able to view it via the My Arlo App. This is terrible and poor customer service. I will not be buying anymore products from Arlo as their systems suck and are very expensive to operate.

This is what Neil stated:

"I am sorry for the inconvenience Michael, I understand how you felt. However, with your base station, you may need to remove the USB drive and connect it to the computer to access recording the local storage."

2 REPLIES 2
mltomko
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am now hearing that this is true for all their base stations where you cannot view the video recordings on the ext device through My Arlo App. You have to remove the usb device and view them on a computer. 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only true for base station with a lower number than the VMB4540 (i.e. the 4000- and 4500 - the 3xxx series can't record at all). AFAIK, it's a hardware thing.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation