Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Patticus
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo Web Portal|Smart Home Security Page (https://my.arlo.com/#/home) only allows a user to stay logged in for 90 seconds.  This shouldn't be by design.  This doesn't happen with the phone app.  Why can't a user remained logged in for more than 90 seconds?

9 REPLIES 9
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Patticus wrote:

The Arlo Web Portal|Smart Home Security Page (https://my.arlo.com/#/home) only allows a user to stay logged in for 90 seconds.  This shouldn't be by design.  This doesn't happen with the phone app.  Why can't a user remained logged in for more than 90 seconds?

Have you tried a different browser. I stay logged in for at least a half hour to an hour. If you close the page or refresh it will need another log in. 

Patticus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I've used both Chrome and Explorer.  Explorer i even worse.  Less that 60 seconds before I get logged off.

I can still look at stuff and change my profile, for example but I have to log back in to see a current representation of my cameras' video.

This is what I see after less than 2 minutes on both browsers.

arlo.JPG

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Patticus,

If your Base Station is showing offline, you might want to try power cycling your Base Station to see if that helps. To power cycle your base station, unplug the power adapter from the outlet, wait two minutes, and reconnect the power adapter to the outlet. The base station takes one to two minutes to start. When the power LED and Internet LED light solid green, your base station is connected to the Internet. 

Patticus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Jessica!

I appreciate the tip but, unfortunately, that didn't fix the issue.  The problem doesn't seem to be with the base station itself because I can simply re-log in from the browser and the base station is available and functioning just fine.  Also, I never see this message when I use the phone app.  This problem is the interaction between the web portal and the system.  Maybe I need to tweak some setting somewhere but I'm not sure where to start.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Just to be sure, is this also happening when you try viewing through incognito mode?

Patticus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP. 

Yes.  I've tried Chrome, Chrome Incognito, I.E., Firefox, Firefox Private, Edge and Edge Private.  All of them start up fine but I get that message about my base station being off-line in a minute or so after logging in.  I've tried from several computers as well.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you also getting these messages after a short period time on the Arlo app on your phone device?

Patticus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope.  Only when I log in from PCs - and I've tried several.  

The phone app works flawlessly.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation