Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
marguin
Aspirant
Aspirant

put my arlo in before going on vacation..was working great...video still work, but nothing new in my library...not even myself or my wife pulling in the drivway.  i have a VMB4000, even though i cannot select that as an option above.

FW:  1.12.0.1_27940

7 REPLIES 7
Dholliy
Guide
Guide

What Arlo cameras?

If your using Arlo, first release camera, go to

Mode

Armed

click on pencil of first camera name

click on Record a video of first camera name.

Go to bottom of screen:

click on Push Notification

click the Email Alerts 

This is explained much better by Arlo in the user set up instructions.

marguin
Aspirant
Aspirant

this is less about the notifications and more about the auto recording on movement.  i have 3 activity zones set up in each of the 2 cameras, mode set to geofencing which i reset up last night b/c i realized that i never set it up on my new phone - although the recordign stopped before i switched phones).  Last night i did do a manual recording on each of the cameras ... now they are the only thing showing in the library.  the motion recordings are no longer happening.  i still have a couple days left on the trial subscription for Arlo Premier

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @marguin,

If you're still having troubles, try to disable the activity zones and see if the motion recording is working without it. Give it a day and see how that goes. Once the motion recording looks good, try to set up the activity zones again and see if that helps. If the problem still persists, try to disable all enabled devices on geofencing and re-enable them to see if that helps too.

marguin
Aspirant
Aspirant

so don't the activity zones trigger the recording?  or with no zones it uses the entire frame?  Anyway, i spent some time on chat with arlo support last week..had to remove the cameras...restart them....re-add them ...this and that...they seem to be working now, but i am really hoping that they 1.  stay working and 2. don't make me do that every X days.

marguin
Aspirant
Aspirant

although i will add that now (with Geofencing on and me home) it seems that even when geofencing "disarms" the system, it is still recording snips to the library when we go in view of the cameras.

marguin
Aspirant
Aspirant

belay my last... small config change (using schedule when home/disarmed by geofence)

dave4u69
Star
Star

Activity zones are supposed to trigger an alert when triggered but if anything out of that area triggers it still records just no alert so really they are no different than without the zone as no battery saving at all.Why they cant  program cams to just trigger in the activity zone and record is beyond me.  Most people want to add an activity zone to cut trees vehicles etc setting the cam off from surrounds on there property or over fence to roads or footpaths that the camera is recording.I think they need some savy programers to better org all the complaints.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation