Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple base station setup help, please

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Moorefun1
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have a VMB4500 base station with 4 cameras. Works fine. We brought another VMB3500 base station and 3 cameras from my parents home after it was sold. Want to extend camera coverage to our cottage also on the property but too far from 1st base station. Have reset the 2nd base station and deleted all cameras from my parents Arlo account. We connect 2nd VMB3500  base to power and then to the Technicolor router which has 4 ports (4500 in port 1, 3500 in port 3, also tried port 2). Base station powers with solid green light. Internet LED light blinking green. On the back of the modem, port 1 is ethernet connection is green, port 3 is blinking amber. VMB3500 base station is not discoverable. Already tried: base station reset 3x, different ethernet cable, reset the app, etc... everything mentioned in support articles. What has to be done to fix this so 2nd base station is discoverable? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moorefun1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spoke to Spectrum, the provider of our modem/router.  It is too old for the ports to be updated. 
They are providing a new router. Case solved.

I hope someone else can learn from this thread.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Moorefun1 wrote:

We brought another VMB3500 base station and 3 cameras from my parents home after it was sold.

Did your parents remove the cameras and the base from their account?

Moorefun1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Define "reset" - many folks think power cycling is a reset while it's actually a reboot. Did you hold the reset button until the LEDs flashed amber and then let it reboot to green power and Internet LEDs? Camera LED should be off or solid amber.

Initially, you said you removed the cameras from your parents' account and then said you removed the base. Are you sure the base was removed? Check again since nothing will work until that happens.

Moorefun1
Aspirant
Aspirant

My definition of reset is the same as yours. I did exactly that.

To clarify, the base and cameras have been removed from my parent's account. I found their old account and confirmed for myself.

It appears the problem is with the Lan ports of the router. I switched the 2nd base to ethernet port 1 and the base was finally discovered.  Apparently, ports 2, 3 and 4 of the router, which I tried previously, do not provide internet access. Probably easy for a techie to know, but not me, lol.  Do you know how to change the ports to be internet ports.

Moorefun1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spoke to Spectrum, the provider of our modem/router.  It is too old for the ports to be updated. 
They are providing a new router. Case solved.

I hope someone else can learn from this thread.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation