Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion no longers send any notification. Records activity but doesn't notify. Tried restarting.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

What has worked correctly for years now no longer sends any notifications of motion. It records the activity but does not notify me. All settings are correct. I’ve restarted both the case station and the cameras. Why would it stop working and not send notifications anymore?

11 REPLIES 11
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you tried rebooting the mobile device you get the notifications?
azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes I have. I have two base stations and both have been sending me notifications for years now one does and one doesn’t and I haven’t seen changed a thing.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Although you’re getting them from one of the base stations it could still be an issue with the arlo servers.
Assuming you have already checked the problem base mode and rules settings, you could wait a few days to see if it resolves before contacting arlo support via their website.
azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks it’s been going on For several weeks now
Rossi56
Tutor
Tutor
I agree
Rossi56
Tutor
Tutor
Facing same issue. The geofencing is also not reliable
Jackej
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with notifications the day before yesterday they worked,  yesterday,  I had a few event clips but only one notification ,  today I had 10 event clips and zero notifications.

I just now did a restart on the base to  see if that will help,  I will restart my phone and check that

Jackej
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm happy to report ,  I walked out by both of the cameras and got a notification from both of them.

This is what I did , restarted the base  , restarted my Android phone .

The third thing. might have been the problem , I should have tested before I did this now I don't know which one fixed it.

Well the other day , I set up the Your Phone application in Windows 10 to link my phone,   I reversed all of that ,  unlinked my phone in windows settings and on my Microsoft account, force stopped the companion  and denied all permissions in the companion on the phone., seems like this may have been the problem,  because I set this up Aug 8, and that's when my notifications stopped working on the Arlo cams.

I'm not sure if this was the problem because I was still getting notifications from my Blink and wyze cams etc  , during the time period , only my Arlo notifications stopped

FYI  , I have had my arlo's for about a year now and haven't had much trouble

azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for sharing that
azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Seems to have started alerting today on its own we will see if it continues. Although badge count for 2 alerts shows 40. This had been a problem for years and their crack team can’t seem to fix it.
Jackej
Aspirant
Aspirant

Damn it , after all that trouble shooting other day ,  I thought it was fixed  , NOT,  I had 9 video clips today and only one notification

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation