Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection not working,

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
thirteen13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 2 six-camera system which is only a few weeks old.  A few days ago, one of the cameras stopped detecting motion.  I can see a live view, and it will respond to audio, but not to motion.  There is no response from the motion detection test either, but the camera positioning mode does work. The connection to the base station is strong and the battery is at 100%

I have tried removing, reinstalling and re-syncing the device, restarting the hub, and pulling the battery on the camera; no change.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is it a problem with the mode or rules in the mode? What color is the "running man" icon above the camera preview? Black or grey?

thirteen13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm only using the "armed" mode and the rules are set properly for it.

The running man icon is grey in the camera preview, as it is for all the other cameras that are working.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

For the camera to be ready to detect motion, you need to have a black outlined running man icon

thirteen13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I described the running man icon as being grey; really it is black. But, it's a solid-black, not a black outline  It's the same solid-black icon for all the cameras, whether motion detection is working or not.

thirteen13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, just to clarify; I just realized that the running man icon is a black outline when I access my cameras via a web browser (in this case Chrome).  When I access the cameras via the app on my iPad, the running man icon is solid black.  In either case, the icon is there and isn't greyed-out or missing or anything like that.  The icons are all the same on the cameras that work and the one that doesn't.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

thirteen13,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation