Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
mrp777
Tutor
Tutor
I recharged two batteries and then reinstalled them in the cameras. Two problems immediately popped up: 1) One camera has stopped detecting motion (which it had been doing without issue before changing the battery). There are no activity zones set, push notifications are on. I did a motion test and the yellow light would not come on. Other than changing the battery, no other settings had been changed. 2) Regarding the other camera, the battery discharged in less than 24 hours. The only thing I noticed was that it was a breezy day (and umbrella in camera sight was shaking), and a 30 second recording was made every minute for 45 straight minutes. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrp777
Tutor
Tutor

Cam 1: pulling the battery did the trick!

Cam 2: good suggestions. I also may try to set up custom activity zones to omit the offending umbrella!

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

For cam 1, I'd pull the battery to reset the camera and replace...test.

if no diff, then use remove device in settings and bring back with a sync.. Will need to change any custom settings as the will revert to defaults.

For cam2, the probable issue was the excessive recordings... As you noticed.

esp if the IR for night vision was on

easy thing is to also recharge the battery and it will reset if you pull the battery during change out.

For some locations and wind/ weather it may help to copy the current mode but lower the sense level and name it as " windy" .... Use it when weather acts up ( I have similar issue with a small tree )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mrp777
Tutor
Tutor

Cam 1: pulling the battery did the trick!

Cam 2: good suggestions. I also may try to set up custom activity zones to omit the offending umbrella!

Thanks for your help!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation