Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Motion Detection delay with Arlo Pro 2

Reply
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 219 Views
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hadam1 Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all. Last weekend I installed new Arlo Pro 2 System with 3 Wireless Battery operated Cameras. I purchased the system from Costco Model  VCS3000C-100NAS. It seems like working well, but I have noticed that motion detection recording is delayed by 3-5 second. I mean when some one waking towards my front door, I see recording started at motion detection about 3-5 second after the person already at my front door. 

 

In my Ring Door Bell with continues AC power to it, get me 10 second pre motion detection recording. 

 

How I can solve this issue?. I have facility to power all my 3 Arlo Pro 2 Cameras with continues AC Power, will this resolve the isseu of delay in motion detection recording?

 

I like the Arlo Pro 2 and I don't want to return it. Please help. Thanks in advance for your support.

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Guru StephenB Guru
Guru

@hadam1 wrote:

 

How I can solve this issue?. I have facility to power all my 3 Arlo Pro 2 Cameras with continuous AC Power, will this resolve the issue of delay in motion detection recording?

 


It should help, so try testing that with one of the cameras.

hadam1 Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen, apprciate your reply. I will try one of the Arlo Pro2 Camera with continues AC Power. I have purchased outdoor charge 25' long cable from Amazon and adaptor. I will try this weekend and will let you know. 

 

Thanks. 


@StephenB wrote:

@hadam1 wrote:

 

How I can solve this issue?. I have facility to power all my 3 Arlo Pro 2 Cameras with continuous AC Power, will this resolve the issue of delay in motion detection recording?

 


It should help, so try testing that with one of the cameras.


 

hadam1 Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @StephenB. Some update. I plugged in the AC power to Front Yard Arlo 2 Camera. Now I am getting no delays on motion plus I am able to see 3 seconds of pre recording before the motion get detected. 

 

So now the Arlo 2 Camera with AC power plug into it, working good with motion and recording 3 seconds of pre motion recording. This is the way Cameras should work and Arlo 2 Cameras are working good now. 

 

I know I found the solution, but I am kind of disappointed that I need to keep AC power to these Arlo 2 Cameras all the time to make them work the way thy suppose to be working. Without AC power to these Camera, just as wireless and running on battery, you get no pre motion recording plus you see 3-5 second of delays in the recording after the motion has been detected.

 

I will let the Cameras to run for one more week with AC power plugged into them before deciding to keep them as they work with AC power or just return them back to Costco. 

 

 

Guru StephenB Guru
Guru

@hadam1 wrote:

... I am kind of disappointed that I need to keep AC power to these Arlo 2 Cameras all the time ...


I get that.  One of my cameras can be easily powered from AC, but the others can't be.