Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
pinkoos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

After the latest iOS Arlo app update, are you guys having the following problems?:

-Certain times on Mondays can't be scheduled

-Motion detection and mode notifications have stopped

-Geofencing rules not always followed properly

Our Arlo Pro 2 setup was working nicely (except for the push to talk bug) before the app update, but after it's been a mess for the above-noted reasons.

I can no longer schedule a mode for Mondays 12AM to 7AM for example.

I no longer get notifications for motion detection or if the mode has changed based on geofencing rules (notifications are turned on within the app and within the iOS settings)

Geofencing rules are not always followed the way I had set them up.

Would be interesting to hear if others are having similar (or the same) problems.  Would also be great if Netgear fixed these bugs ASAP.

11 REPLIES 11
Mayeda
Tutor
Tutor

After update, I'm no longer getting notifications on my phone.  Still getting email notifications, but I depend on the phone notifications.

kfscoll
Star
Star

Yep, same problem here -- I'm not getting motion detection notifications on my iPhone but I am still getting notifications on both of my iPads.  Logging out and back in to the app seems to fix the problem for ~24 hours.

PaddyAU
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just checking that you have updated the software in the IOS device to the latest ?
kfscoll
Star
Star

I'm running the latest version of the iOS app.

bres0123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issues ( sort of) . I just got the Pro 2 system set up and everything seemed to be working up until I created a geofence and left the property.

The system armed properly and recorded as expected but I never received any emails on my IPhone 6.

Prior to creating the geofence, I was testing cams around the property and getting emails for every occurence.

Any idea how to remedy? I have been all thru the app and everything seems correct, it's just not pushing emails to me after the geofence arms it.....

Thanks in advance

PatriotsGirl16
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue, running iOS 11.3.1, notifications come infrequently now, if I go into the app, and then into the library, I see all the recorded video for the day, but never got a notification about the motions.

pinkoos
Apprentice
Apprentice

So it's weird - my iPhone (the primary) is not getting any notifications at all, but my wife's iPhone (which is secondary) is getting notifications when she goes in and out of geofencing zones (but still none for motion detection).

It's unclear to me how the secondary iPhone is, at least, partially working whereas the primary iPhone is not working at all in terms of notifications.

Netgear?  Hello?

pinkoos
Apprentice
Apprentice

So it's weird - my iPhone (the primary) is not getting any notifications at all, but my wife's iPhone (which is secondary) is getting notifications when she goes in and out of geofencing zones (but still none for motion detection).

It's unclear to me how the secondary iPhone is, at least, partially working whereas the primary iPhone is not working at all in terms of notifications.

Netgear?  Hello?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download on the iOS app store that should address this issue. Please make sure to download the latest version and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue with receiving push notifications.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.1 - 23rd May 2018

JamesC

pinkoos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Monday problem still there as is geofencing problem. Notifications seem to have been fixed though.

For geofencing, I had my wife take the apostrophe out of her iPhone's name, removed her from the shared list and then readded her. That seems to have possibly fixed the geofencing problem, but I'll continue to monitor.
pinkoos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Geofencing back to being messed up again after the latest app update. Thanks Netgear, you guys are awesome.
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation