Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Model VMB4000 -Hub isn't recognized

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
StayingSafe22
Follower
Follower

Someone help me please! I have wasted hours of my weekend trying to figure it out. We recently changed our Reuter which threw everything WIFI off in our house, including the ARLO. Despite all the steps I read to take to just "change the network", the prompts were NOT on my app or my account to just change the network. So I decided to REMOVE THE DEVICE and kind of start all over. It still isn't recognizing what is a "new" hub. it looks and looks for the device and says it finds nothing.  I can only guess the cables going in and out are properly wired. the POWER plug is in and so is the LAN hub. ALL but 1 lite (so 2 are on) are GREEN on the hub. the MIDDLE option is NOT lit.  I am NOT sure which it is a logo of.  This account apparently doesn't get LIVE help so I have no one to talk to. SO FRUSTRATING.  

Can Anyone help me?!?! thank you in advance 

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
Look here for your LEDs.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

If the internet LED is off then it suggests that there is no working connection to your router. As the router is new try a different port since not all ports are configured the same. Check in the router web interface for the base station IP address.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@StayingSafe22 wrote:

Despite all the steps I read to take to just "change the network", the prompts were NOT on my app or my account to just change the network.

Not sure where you read that, but there are no settings like that for the VMB4000.  "Changing the network" just means reconnecting the ethernet to the new router.

I agree with @Dannybear that the next step is to try a different LAN port in the router (assuming it has more than one).  You could also try connecting a laptop with ethernet to that port with the same cable, and then see if the laptop connects to the internet when its wifi is turned off.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation