Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Solosheep
Guide
Guide

Hi

I have an Arlo Q and now a new Alro Pro 2 I was setting up active zones the same way I did for the Q. However when I want to select the active zones I want the Arlo Pro 2 to record on it does not locate them. The process is the same as for the Q right? Please see photos attached.

Thanks guys

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's been a while since I used zones on my currently deactivated Q but the current scheme is that any zones set are automatically used by the wireless cameras. You can't select which ones to use. I remember that the Q allowed you to choose which zones to use - if that's still available then the wireless cameras act differently.

Solosheep
Guide
Guide

Hi thanks for the quick reply on this. 

That is an intresting point and could well be the case. However it does say on the Arlo Pro 2 under Activity Zones:

Highlight areas in your camera's view where you want to receive or ignore motion and sound alerts

This is the same wording used on the Q so I would have thought the functionality would be the same?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The functionality should be the same. The difference would be whether you can set camera rules to use only certain zones or if you're forced to use them all since you can't select them.

d23wilson
Star
Star
arlo q uses different technology...frame by frame difference within activity zone

Arlo pro 2 has exact same setup rules (I.e 3 zones) but is near enough useless in practice as it uses both frame by frame and heat sensitivity..that is to reduce number of false positives...I want the option to choose best method for my arlo pro 2. I would choose frame by frame because a lot of activity I am concerned with is outside the ability of the sensor to detect heat.

My advice...get over it, it won’t work how you want (when comparing to arlo q) and the smart package zone features don’t improve either
Solosheep
Guide
Guide
@d23wilson

You last comment is not particularly helpful. I’m just going by what is displayed on the app and web.

If pick a zone to ignore is not available then why state it is?

Getting over it is nothing to do with it.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Solosheep wrote:

Highlight areas in your camera's view where you want to receive or ignore motion and sound alerts

Where do you see that?

I can't find it when using the browser interface.

The Pro 2 manual talks only of activity zones.

You can identify zones within the camera view where you want the camera to
detect motion. These zones are called activity zones. You can also select which
activity zone or zones detect motion.

No mention of "inactivity zones".

Sadly, Arlo's documentation is not perfect.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
d23wilson
Star
Star
That is because you do not understand how what I have written is applicable.

No such thing as selecting a zone to ignore. You select zones to monitor and that left unselected is to be ignored.
But you have missed the point completely of what I was saying..so get over it.

Next time don’t be so disrespectful to someone who has literally spent their time responding in attempt to help understanding
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@d23wilson wrote:
That is because you do not understand how what I have written is applicable.

I have no idea who that is aimed at.

Then again, I don't understand the answer either.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation