Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Low battery notification

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

I installed the Pro 2 system a few days ago.

I charged all 4 camera batteries fully before installation.

Yesterday, one of the cameras stopped working and on checking, the battery was depleted.

Two things:

1. Why did the battery run down so quickly? The other three cameras are still between 89%-100%. This camera didn't have any significant increase in activity.

2. Why is there no notification for low battery? I have checked the spam folder and there's nothing.

4 REPLIES 4
Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

I suspect there may be a bug in the firmware/software for Pro 2.

Another camera just went down with 0% battery, despite being on 80% the last time I checked which was 5 minutes ago.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To cut to the chase, I would reset the system, charge the cameras and start fresh.  It may just be something weird somewhere that this would likely fix.  Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and then use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the cameras.

Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

I should add that I have just replaced a standard Arlo system so I am familiar with how the cameras work and expected battery life (notwithstanding the additional audio and HD capabilities of the Pro 2).

Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update.

The camera with the depleted battery is now working but it's concerning that it drained in just a few days.

The other camera I had to remove and replace the battery to get it working again.

All day the app on my phone and the site on my PC have been randomly showing cameras as unavailable, off line, etc.

Clearly there are many issues to iron out with the software and firmware with these new cameras.

Wishing I'd held on to my original Arlo's now as these are way too unreliable.

Tried to show 2 people who were interested and embarrassingly the app didn't work both times - it showed all cameras as offline.

Fairly sure Arlo is off their list now.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation