Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lost power and tried to pull cameras back up on Mac desktop but says "newer version of Flash"

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dbugs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lost power due to storm and when I tried to pull my cameras back up on our Mac desktop (running the Mozilla Firefox browser) I get the message that a newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required.  I have tried multiple times to download the new version but am still unable to gain access on my desktop or laptop to our cameras.  The mobile app works fine.  We have had multiple problems with theft recently and I really need to get these cameras working.  Any help?

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@Dbugs,

in Firefox, try clicking on the three bars at the top right of the page.

Go to Add-ons.

Select Plugins.

Select three dots to the right side of Shockwave Flash.

Choose your options.

Hope that helps,

Brian

Dbugs
Aspirant
Aspirant

That did not work either...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try clicking on the padlock icon (next to the address bar) and then disable content blocking?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

This week saw yet another update for Firefox.

Once again, it has upset Flash.

It would not work for me to begin with. After a couple of attempts, it got there. It isn't the "padlock icon" here.  There is a new one next to it. "Manage plug-in use" pops up an "Allow flash" option.

Sadly, this does not seem to stick between sessions.

With Flash on its way out, it is a pity that Arlo stubbornly refuses to move over to newer technology. After all, the death of Flash was announced some years ago.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation