Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Login problem for web-version 2.5.5

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gumpy44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware -1.10.0.9.23037 ,Hardware VMB4000.3 ,serial #4RC3817UA1857 I have cleared cache and cookies-upgraded Adobe Flash player-rebooted computer ,disconnected and reconnected the home base-tried to run Arlo in IE ,Chrome and Firefox (it originally worked fine in Firefox)--when I go to log in it flashes the home page and then back to login (no error message) .Whats going on??

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Gumpy44,

Try the following steps:

• Check that you are on the latest version of Google Chrome (v69)
  • Enter the following on your Google Chrome URL bar: chrome://flags/#enable-ephemeral-flash-permission
  • Choose Disable and relaunch Google Chrome
Gumpy44
Aspirant
Aspirant

chrome://flags/#enable-ephemeral-flash-permission

Have done this and nothing has changed-same problem.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you able to replicate this issue if you use your phone or a different computer? If it works fine on other devices, you may need to check your internet settings on your computer. 

Gumpy44
Aspirant
Aspirant

It works fine on my iphone and ipad-just stopped opening on my computer.Tried to open program on older computer (vista )and get the same results.

Internet light on home base keeps flickering on and off ever since this problem started.

You suggest cheching internet settings--no idea what to look for here.

Im thinking problem is with home base station

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it works on anything, it's not a system problem. Have you tried the app on both WiFi as well as cell service to see if there's a difference?

The flickering Internet LED just means network traffic to/from the base and is of no concern as long as the LED doesn't turn amber or go off for more than a brief flash.

Gumpy44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure what you mean--how do I try tp open the app on my computer with wifi and then try to open it just with cell service.

As I have mentioned before the app works fine on my iphone and ipad-it just stopped opening on my computer. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Just to make sure, when you are on WiFi through your iPhone/iPad, are you able to login successfully?

Gumpy44
Aspirant
Aspirant
No problem login information in on iPhone/iPad
Cannot login on computer
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You might be having some problems on your computer with not able to login properly. I would suggest contacting our Arlo Support Team so they can further assist you.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation