Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
jguerdat
Guru

Just be aware that 2FA will be enforced in the future (dunno when). The suggestion has been made to get the computer added as a trusted device - add your like (the heart icon) to existing suggestions in the Idea Exchange here for any features you'd like added.  Here's one:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Make-PC-as-a-trusted-device-for-2FA/idi-p/1760983

dcfox1
Master

Yea Ring recently forced 2 factor on users. 

krazyanna
Novice

How do you add another computer/phone to my account without having to recognize every time I want to log in. I have tried to add my computer as well as another phone to my account with no luck.  I have clicked on

>Resend Push Notification (on website Page

>Clicked on the button (VMB4000 on top)

>Come back to the website page and see

We don't recognize this device.
We sent a push notification to  Your Account Name to verify your identity. This screen will automatically disappear when verified.

Notification expires in: 00:00

Thank you 

StephenB
Guru

@krazyanna wrote:

How do you add another computer/phone to my account without having to recognize every time I want to log in.

You should be able to add the phone as a trusted device: https://kb.arlo.com/000062289/How-do-I-edit-two-step-verification-settings

But regrettably, not the PC.  Hopefully Arlo will allow that before they mandate 2FA.

i_spy
Novice

How do I permanently approve my computer as a recognized user so I don't have to approve from my phone every time I login? 

@1417 wrote:

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Did you read the above?

How do I edit two-step verification settings?

Did you try it?

Or do you want a difference between  PCs and mobiles?

ddwhatley
Aspirant

Same issue. System won't recognize PC as a trusted device. I've tried twice now; last year and tonight. Same result. I've turned-off 2FA. This is amateurish. I would've thought a company like Netgear would have at least one programmer on staff that could deal with something every other legitimate outfit has figured out.  Note to Arlo: If you force this issue by "requiring 2FA" without fixing this issue, then "Blink" I will be gone.  At least show us loyal paying customers some respect by acknowledging this is an issue you are working on.

@ddwhatley wrote: 

I would've thought a company like Netgear would have at least one programmer on staff that could deal with something every other legitimate outfit has figured out.

Netgear might have programmers up to it, but their value to Arlo is zero since it split off from  Netgear around two years ago.

Always helps to get the facts right when discussing such things.

ddwhatley
Aspirant

michaelkenward

Good deal! So, they'll jump right on this now?

zacken542
Tutor

Why can I not setup my PC as Trusted?

Please solve this

Sven Åke