Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Micky18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello again. Thank you in advance for trying to help.

So in my setup, certain cameras are really hard to access. I have decided to leave them plugged in at all times. I purchased two brands of outdoor power cords (just to try), wraped the connection with electric tape and put a sleeve on it. 

I know it is not the ideal scenario for these cameras but it is what it is. 

My question is: leave the batteries in or not? Would be nice if there was a power outtage and it could run on batteries for a bit. 

Those cameras will never be used without power, so i am not worried about in the future the batteries not holding the charge for long, but in the future, will the batteries hold any charge at all? Lets say for an hour even? Or best to simply remove it?

Again, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The short answer is it should cause no issues to leave in.

The batteries in the Pro/Pro2 will only really charge to 80% while in the camera ( tho they read 100% charged )... this is so the batteries do not get overcharged and it's a good level to sit long term with external power.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The short answer is it should cause no issues to leave in.

The batteries in the Pro/Pro2 will only really charge to 80% while in the camera ( tho they read 100% charged )... this is so the batteries do not get overcharged and it's a good level to sit long term with external power.

Morse is faster than texting!
billkex
Luminary
Luminary
I have 2 cameras that are plugged in, I just leave the batteries in them, I figured the batteries are a backup if the power goes out.
Anyone else?
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Providing you have backup power for the base as well as your internet router then yes leaving the batteries in will be useful during a power failure.

Micky18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation