Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Chrissy88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

As a relatively new owner of the Arlo Pro 2, I would be grateful for your advice on the following:-

Is there a default video recording length when a motion triggers it? I noted for my camera, it is set to record until activity stops (up to 300 secs)? What happens if someone is still in my garage after the 300 secs? Will the camera continue to record the activity after 300 secs? I posed this question as recently I had someone in the garage for a few minutes & then he exited through the garage. I had a recording from the time he was moving in the garage but did not see the garage opening & him actually exiting. I thought the recording would only end after he has made his exit & the garage door closing.

Thanks, 

7 REPLIES 7
VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

I've noticed something similar with my Arlo Pro 2 cameras, if the motion stops long enough that the camera no longer detects motion then it seems the camera goes into a mode to transmit the video to the base station during which time no other motion or recording can happen even if the motion continues again. There is an option under settings for individual cameras in Modes to record for a fixed number of seconds, but you run the risk that if set for say 30 seconds the really interesting activity you would like to see begins at the 31 second mark. 

Grego30
Tutor
Tutor

Where are you seeing 300 sec recording length?  Mine only record for about 25 seconds per clip unless you stand around and continously trip motion.

Grego30
Tutor
Tutor

Disregard misunderstood the question.

Grego30
Tutor
Tutor

I've found that setting the recording length through the app works, but if you set through a web browser it doesn't work.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've found just the opposite. Try both if one doesn't work.

VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

@Grego30 wrote:

I've found that setting the recording length through the app works, but if you set through a web browser it doesn't work.

In the web app make sure when you edit a rule that you scroll all the way to the web page to see "SAVE" to save the settings otherwise no changes will be saved. The SAVE button is not obvious because as you scroll down you first see "Add Device" which you think is the end of the sceren, but there is more. The user interface could be tweaked so the SAVE is at the top or more visible. 

Save changes.JPG

Chrissy88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks to all for your advice & suggestion. Much appreciated.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation