Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Interior mounting of Pro 2 cameras w/o screws

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Astubits
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got a set of Arlo Pro 2 cameras and am really enjoying them so far. 

I really hate screwing things into my walls and would love to avoid it here.  Has anyone had any luck mounting their interior cameras without using screws or permenant tape/adhesive?  Any luck with Command strips, Velcro, etc?  Would appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have used the half ball mounts with command strips as a temp setup ( the ones meant for pictures )... do not have a long term viability tho.

While I used them they worked fine.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Astubits
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks TomMac.

I’m looking to use the ball mounts you describe.

How long did you use the Command Strips for? What did you see or experience that makes you question the long term viability?

To you and others, I have seen some 3rd party auction cup mounts that looks promising. They claim to work on drywall, but I’m somewhat suspect. Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I think you would be better off with the command strips over a suction cup ( esp on dry wall ).

As to long term , I used the strips for 2 months had no issues at all...once I found the best spot I moved it over to a drywall screw.

So, can't answer long term...tho the ones I used were rated for pictures heavier than the camera.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation