Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Gmoney18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installed four cameras and base station about a week ago. The best thing I have to say so far is the system is better than nothing. Motion sensors are spotty if they react at all. The delay it too damn long and it takes forever to connect. I have a high end network in my home so that’s not the problem. Disappointed and frustrated.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you adjusted the sense levels in the arming modes?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Gmoney18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Several times. The motion sensors are inconsistent. Sometimes they react to a bird flying by or a branch moving in the wind. Yesterday, no reaction to my wife driving our car into our garage. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Gmoney18,

Try testing using the motion detection test to determine if the camera motion sensor is working properly, which you can refer to here: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

You can also read here to learn how to optimize motion detection on your camera: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

Leeboy
Star
Star

The last 2 weeks  , our motion detection became super inconstant.  Cars driving right by night/daylight and nothing .  Did all the battery pills/ resets / wifi extender outside . I’d feel too guilty to sell them to someone else , so when the next best cameras come out ,  these are going in the garbage . 👎

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation