Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Image preview on lockscreen not working on iphone 13 or S22 Ultra

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
thekyloarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had an iphone 10, Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cams and smart membership for 10 cams.  Everything worked good.

Just got a new iphone 13 and Samsung S22 Ultra and Arlo will NOT give an image preview when tapping on banner in lock screen for either phone.  All I get is an option to "open" Arlo and then it goes live to that camera.  

I don't need this. I just want to do a quick lock screen preview of the activity in most cases.  

Apparently this was changed in 2020 but changed back.  Without lock screen previews this system is basically useless to me.  

Three Arlo online chats were of no help and one rep did not even understand what image preview was even after I sent screen shot photos.

Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thekyloarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

FIGURED IT OUT!

Yes, image preview works on the iPhone 10 with a quick touch of the banner.  With the iPhone 13 you need to hold down the banner for about a sec and a half and image preview works.  If you simply tap the iPhone 13 banner quickly it gives you the option to go live but no image preview.  

I figured it out when the iPhone 13 flashlight would not come on with a quick tap.  You need to hold it down for a second or so.  Put two and two together to make Arlo image preview work for me again. 

Now you know.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi, 

Have you verified that the Animated previews are turned on within Settings > Smart Notifications > Select desired device > Animated Preview

Please make sure you have the latest version of the arlo mobile app 3.6.8

I can't replicate this with iOS 15.5 and an iPhone 13 Pro max.

thekyloarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, all the animated previews are ON (one phone tech advised me to turn them off and then asked me if it was working?).  I have installed and uninstalled Arlo several times in recent days so I am assuming I have the latest version of the software.   The settings in my iphone 10 (where previews work) are EXACTLY  the same in my Arlo for the new iphone 13 Pro and Samsung S22 Ultra.

When I receive an alert on lock screen - the banner when tapped - gives me the "open" icon, not a photo preview.  "Open" takes you to the live camera.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@thekyloarlo

Does the image preview still work on your iPhone 10?

thekyloarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

FIGURED IT OUT!

Yes, image preview works on the iPhone 10 with a quick touch of the banner.  With the iPhone 13 you need to hold down the banner for about a sec and a half and image preview works.  If you simply tap the iPhone 13 banner quickly it gives you the option to go live but no image preview.  

I figured it out when the iPhone 13 flashlight would not come on with a quick tap.  You need to hold it down for a second or so.  Put two and two together to make Arlo image preview work for me again. 

Now you know.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey thekyloarlo,

That's great you figured this one out, just to be sure we don't have an issue, I would like to clarify with you. You do receive the animation preview when holding down the notification alert with the square image after each trigger?

Just a note, these animations can take a few seconds to load after triggered when communicating with the cloud. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation