Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

If i purchase the Arlo Pro 2 in the US, can i use its its charger Europe ?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Francelafare
Follower
Follower

We have purchased a set in the US by Best Buy.

now we are moving to Europe (France), will the system arlo pro 2 work properly there ? Only adding a plug adapter

Smiley Tongue

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, although where you set the system up can make a difference as to any subscription upgrades you may want to add. Check the FAQs here for where these upgrades are available. If not available in France, you can set it up in the US and use a US-based credit card to gain access to the extra features.

Downunda
Apprentice
Apprentice

I live in Australia and bought an Arlo Pro2 system from Amazon in the USA, the one thing that is not suitable is the Basestation power adapter as it is 110 volts only. In my case I had an unused 240 volt power adapter (for a modem) that was suitable. So if your county power is not 110 volt whatever you do, do not use the power adapter supplied with the Basestation as you will destry it. Any electronics store should be able to sell you a suitable power adapter for about $20 if you don't have one.

The strange thing is that the power adapters supplied with each camera are universal in that they will work with any international voltage, you may just need a plug adapter.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation