Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IOS, wife’s old phone”s” still show in Geo

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
freebird316
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I remove old friends from enabled devices? My wire has had a few phones over time and I’m seeing her old phones. How do I remove these dead old objects?
17 REPLIES 17
Dannybear
Master
Master
On your iPhone go to mode/tap on the base.s to show the mode list/tap on the geofencing edit pencil/tap later on the pop up/ scroll down to enabled mobile devices and tap to show the listing/tap edit at top right to enable the delete red bin icon. Save or done.
Make sure you delete the correct device as they may have the same names. If they do you may have to prove which one works with the wife’s new phone so it’s not deleted.
freebird316
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t have an edit button. These are under “My Friends”
Dannybear
Master
Master
Is she able to get the edit option using her account?

I believe that the only method is to remove her from the grant access list is in settings. Then send her a new invite.
freebird316
Aspirant
Aspirant
Removing and adding back crests another iPhone object and does not remove the old,
Ozgurtetik
Aspirant
Aspirant
You need to set up geofencing and save it first in order to get that Edit button.

Once you set it up (even if it is only for one phone) next time when you re-open the geofencing mode to edit, you will get kind of different screen where all settings are on the same/single page. So this is where you will see Enabled Mobile Devices under Details section. That’s where you will get the Edit button on the tap right.

Hope it helps
freebird316
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can edit my devices only. I cannot edit friends devices
Ozgurtetik
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think friends are managed in settings then grant access. If you have granted access you to a friend then you might need to delete that
freebird316
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is no delete option
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You will have to delete her as a granted access user to remove the device(s).

I will look in to another option and to verify this process as well. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @freebird316

Regarding this statement, 

"Removing and adding back crests another iPhone object and does not remove the old"

Does this occur with the new Arlo app version 3.6.8?

freebird316
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it does in 3.6.8
MarkoKoskenoja
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem with my wife's last 2 phones on my Arlo Pro System and 3 cameras. I deleted her grant access in the settings but the geo fencing still shows her 2 phones under Enabled Mobile Devices and under Push Notifications. After wasting a lot of time trying to figure this out I deleted her Arlo account completely and deleted the app from her phone. I'll reinstall the app on her phone later and create a new account for her. If that doesn't work I'm going to buy a new  system. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for your feedback @MarkoKoskenoja

We are looking in to this and hopefully have a resolution for deleting devices soon. 

Eyball
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is there a fix for this? I have the same issue and can’t get rid of my wife’s seconds device. Deleting and inviting again was a super PIA and didn’t even fix the problem. 😡
MarkoKoskenoja
Aspirant
Aspirant
This seems to  have worked for me:

I had to delete my wife's Pixel phone from the granted access list within the app on my Samsung S20+ phone. 

After that I deleted her Arlo account and the Arlo app on her Pixel phone. I waited a day and then she added the app back on her Pixel phone and set-up her account using her same GMail address and I assume her same Arlo password as before.
Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation