Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have several Arlo Pro 2 cameras detecting motion but nothing is there

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SJTheiss
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have several cameras, but the one facing the rear of our house faces a pond and it has a fountain. We are constantly getting motion alerts even though the fountain is 100 feet away. Is it possible that is what is setting it off, its frustrating I'm getting 15-20 alerts per day so I have to turn that camera off. I have the sensitivity turned way down to 25 but I still get the motion alerts. Anyone have a suggection?

2 REPLIES 2
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@SJTheiss wrote:

We have several cameras, but the one facing the rear of our house faces a pond and it has a fountain. We are constantly getting motion alerts even though the fountain is 100 feet away. Is it possible that is what is setting it off, its frustrating I'm getting 15-20 alerts per day so I have to turn that camera off. I have the sensitivity turned way down to 25 but I still get the motion alerts. Anyone have a suggection?

Yes it is.  I have a camera aimed at a lake and in the afternoon on a sunny day, it triggers all the time with very little water surface movement.  I would think a fountain would be big issue.

If you purchase a Smart Notification plan, you may be able to eliminate the notifications, but the camera will still be triggering and using battery, if it isn’t plugged into an outlet.  If you can power the camera, you can set up zones to exclude the fountain from the motion detection.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, if the fountain is 100 feet away, why not just rotate the camera down so the fountain isn't in view? People detection only works to ~25 feet at best so you're viewing a lot of extraneous scenery..

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation