Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Huge lag Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ab47288
Aspirant
Aspirant

For whatever reason my internet stopped working and when I reset my router it came back and everything was fine (Netflix/PC/iPhone). The only thing that wasn't fine was my 1 day old Arlo Pro 2 as there was a huge lag in the Live view.

I was still getting motion detection alerts but there was no way to view them as it just buffered on forever until it gave up. I've read every possible solution and none of them have worked. I even went and grabbed my ladder and pulled down all 4 of my cameras, took the batteries out, did a factory reset, and still nothing.

The odd thing about the factory reset is that it doesn't actually reset anything. It basically just takes the base station offline, reboots it, and when I sync the cameras they have all the same settings and names I put on them when I first set it up.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
ab47288
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should also add that the factory reset does not remove the base station from my Arlo account.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless you used the reset button on the base, you didn't do a factory reset. Regardless, to complete the process you also need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices.  Then use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras.

ab47288
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've done everything you've said at least 5 times. Nothing.

I spoke with customer support several times last night. They blamed it on the cable company saying my internet wasn't fast enough (300 down/30 up is my plan but many different speed tests put it anywhere from 25 - 380 down/1 - 3 up). I spoke with the cable company (Cox) and they told me that 10 down/1 up is more than enough to run the system but had nothing for me when I asked why I wasn't getting close to my 300 down/30 up.

They said try to do some port forwarding. That's what I'm heading into now.

I don't believe this is an Arlo issue. I believe this is an ISP issue. Everything worked fine for about 24 hours then my speeds collapsed. I wouldn't doubt it if they're throttling me.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation