Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
AussieSean
Guide
Guide

How do I share access rights to the base station?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master

When you go into arlo mode menu, select edit pencil on geofencing and select the enabled devices option and then deselect any phones enabled, close the App. Open the app again on phone and enable both devices at the same time. Close the App again then open the App on the other phone and repeat the above steps.
If you’re partner hates the notifications like mine then you can turn them off in the iPhone notifications settings.
See attached.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't. Check the FAQ here on what rights can be granted. What are you trying to accomplish?

AussieSean
Guide
Guide

I'm actually trying to get the darn geo-fencing to work for two people but their cameras are unable to do it. The programming is faulty and it only works for the primary account holder. So I set my wife up as the primary on her phone and added myself as a guest. I wanted to be able to control the base station from my phone because she is clueless about technology. I have been in contact with Arlo support trying to get a fix but they are hopeless. They just keep referring me to a higher level and then never getting back to me. I've given up with those clowns.

Dannybear
Master
Master

I have geofencing working on two iPhones but using one account on both. I.e no sharing.

Both devices are added in geofencing settings although had issues whereas I had to add them both at the same time.
The only drawback is that we can’t login at the same time. This is no biggie as she hates the arlo.

AussieSean
Guide
Guide

How did you add both phones at the same time if you can't have both phones logged in simultaneously?

Dannybear
Master
Master

I installed the arlo iOS App on each iPhone and used the same login account.

I then during the arlo installation I set the phone to allow the location data as always.
Then when you setup the geofencing settings, it shows devices to use and shows both iPhones.

The iPhone settings for for the arlo app should also give you access to the above location as well as run arlo in background. See attached.

Dannybear
Master
Master

When you go into arlo mode menu, select edit pencil on geofencing and select the enabled devices option and then deselect any phones enabled, close the App. Open the app again on phone and enable both devices at the same time. Close the App again then open the App on the other phone and repeat the above steps.
If you’re partner hates the notifications like mine then you can turn them off in the iPhone notifications settings.
See attached.

AussieSean
Guide
Guide

Thanks man. Its night time here in Australia so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to give it a try. I'll report back when tested. Cheers. Sean.

AussieSean
Guide
Guide
Danny, your a legend. You know more about their product than their own support staff. Globalisation - you gotta wonder......anyway thanks heaps. I finally have this doing what I intended when I purchased it. Cheers.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Glad it’s working for you.
I’m sure that arlo will get geofencing working the way it should sometime in the future.

Be warned that you may need to recheck the operation after an App update or firmware change as these can break the workaround.
Vipera
Aspirant
Aspirant

Geofencing doesn't work for two phones. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't work. I have iPhone 7 and my wife has iPhone 6. We both have Arlo app installed on the phones. From Arlo app I provided access to my wife. I set up geofencing for two phones. I tested two modes: Armed when both phones are away from zone and Disarmed when one of the phones is in zone. And now 'funny' things start to happen. Sometimes everything works how it supposed to work. Another time I have only one phone in zone but the system is still Armed. Another time I have both phones in zone but the system is still Armed. Another time my phone is out of zone, my wife's phone is at home but her geolocation is not working by some reason and system switches to Armed.

Most of the time I see that Arlo app recognizes correct if both phones are in zone or out of zone but the system is in wrong Armed/Disarmed mode regarding the phone zone placements. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation