Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jackma
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am planning to use my Arlo Pro 2 cameras inside my home to monitor for intruders while I'm away for a few months.  I will be using motion detection, not audio detection. The cameras will be connected to a base station which is about 15 feet away. I expect there will never be any motion detected, thus no videos recorded.

Given that situation, do any of the camera settings have any affect on battery life?  The settings that are available to me are --

• video quality
  • night vision
  • motion sensitivity

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the cameras AREN'T going to record much ( due to being in home ), then in real life the answer is NO.

If recording with Night vision, the camera will use about 2x the power ( recording and leds ) which if all the time will mean the battery will last 1/2 as long as normal.

Video quality makes a very small difference,  I never notice as the other variables such as record time/ night time total make so much more difference. ( once again only during recording )

With no recording to speak of, you should easily get 3 months.  ( I have some pro2 that the batteries were swapped in Feb,  and still at about 50% )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the cameras AREN'T going to record much ( due to being in home ), then in real life the answer is NO.

If recording with Night vision, the camera will use about 2x the power ( recording and leds ) which if all the time will mean the battery will last 1/2 as long as normal.

Video quality makes a very small difference,  I never notice as the other variables such as record time/ night time total make so much more difference. ( once again only during recording )

With no recording to speak of, you should easily get 3 months.  ( I have some pro2 that the batteries were swapped in Feb,  and still at about 50% )

Morse is faster than texting!
jackma
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. That is a super-helpful answer!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation