Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to manage SSID?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
PapaSaguaro
Follower
Follower

Hello,

New user here. Just installed Arlo a few weeks ago. Have a few questions and cannot seem to locate satisfactory answers here in the community. Thank you for taking a look!

I see a number of posts about SSID, but have not yet seen a definitive answer beyond “it’s a closed system” as to why a user does not have access to control the SSID.

1. Would like to be able to hide the SSID, simply because I want to.

I have gone to great lengths to make my automated home easy to connect to and use for my family and guests. Hiding the networks these devices ride on looks clean to the average user. No question a sniffer would see these networks, but the average person would not. I live on a bit of land and my SSID is the only one a user sees when they are at my place.

2. Would like to inspect and control SSID settings such as the channel used.

I’d like to inspect to ensure all of my other devices/networks have the least interference possible. Again, I realize that there may be security protocols which dictate these things, but it is irritating as a user to simply be shut out.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @PapaSaguaro

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this concern? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation