Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor
I had set up a switch to turn off my siren if I ever tripped my alarm. Used to work great... but I believe the app did an update and now the button has disappeared. If I happen to trip my alarm and my siren goes off, I see no way to shut the siren off without going to the base station and hitting the main button there. It used to pop up with a red switch near the top of my app. I have an Android phone. Does anyone know how to design the switch again, or how to make a mode or rule for it? I believe I had to do it per camera and I have six cameras. Thanks for any of your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
In the iPhone App the siren button would appear when it was activated. This feature disappeared a long time ago. The only way to cancel the siren remotely now is to open the siren pop up using the siren icon and activate it manually then deactivate it to make it stop.
This assumes you still have access to the siren icon button in the app on android devices.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ihate100bees

What Phone/OS version are you using & what is the version of the Arlo mobile app your using?

Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor
I have an Android phone. Note 9. I'm using the current version of the Arlo app._26080
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Ihate100bees

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor
No, J was hoping to find help here in regards on how to make the switch to turn the siren off.
Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor
The main problem is that sometimes my geofencing will be a little off... and I will trip the alarm when I come back home. The problem is that there is nowhere within the application to turn off the siren. I could of course disarm the system, but the siren in the base station still continues very loudly and there is nowhere in the app to shut it off. That's what I am trying to create again, a switch to turn it off. I had created one over the last year that worked great, but I feel somehow that it has just disappeared from the app all together now. I have tried to find a path to make the switch to shut off the siren by going to mode or rule, but it seems to not lead me anywhere to make a switch. Any other suggestions from anyone? I am just wondering how others turn off their sirens from the app??
Dannybear
Master
Master
In the iPhone App the siren button would appear when it was activated. This feature disappeared a long time ago. The only way to cancel the siren remotely now is to open the siren pop up using the siren icon and activate it manually then deactivate it to make it stop.
This assumes you still have access to the siren icon button in the app on android devices.
Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks, I will check this out. I understand fully what you are saying, I'm not sure about the deactivation after I activate it. I think I have tried this and it did not shut off. But I will definitely try it again tomorrow. Again though, is that really the best that are low could come up ... That we have to actually activate the siren and then shut it off? That seems really backwards to me. Wouldn't it be simpler to just have a switch to turn it off? You mentioned that there was a button prior to this that they discontinued a long time ago, it was fully working in my Android with the last version of the app, even after they updated the app to the current version, as it just stopped appearing about one month ago.
Dannybear
Master
Master
A long time ago when the siren was triggered, when you opened the iOS App you were presented with a button to deactivate it. Now you have to tap on the siren icon to get the siren control displayed to activate it again so the App will display the deactivate control.
This can take up to a minute to get to this point so not good for the nerves.
Remmen
Tutor
Tutor
I also have the exact problem with geofencing and hence triggering the alarm. I really don’t understand the logic nor the user friendlyness in this design. I agree that it is backwards and should be changed asap.
Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks so much for your previous post. I did exactly what you mentioned, about activating the siren and then deactivating it and it worked just fine. It's kind of an extra step to take that I think is not really necessary, but hopefully in the next update to the app, they will fix that to make it a shorter path to deactivating the siren. Thanks so much again! Andy
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation