Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice

I bought Pro 2 ( 5 ) cameras a couple months ago . Leaning features as I go. It seems I don’t get any longer video than around 30 seconds. Cameras are on battery and motion activated. I would like to be able to extended time after activation. Example of problem I had my driveway camera activate recorded person going on to front porch . Second camera activated for front porch door area and recorded for 20 seconds person was there longer driveway camera again picked up person leaving a minute later. Hoping I can extend video recording.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice

@TomMac Thanks for your help I was able to finally find were to edit recording. I set recording to max 120 . Will see how this works out . Thanks again!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like your time setting is "till motion stop"...

many times the cam doesn't see motion and will stop.

You may be better served by a " fixed" time.

edit the mode under recording

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have been trying to find edit recording and can’t find. Can you walk me thru. I do think fix time will solve problem. I just can’t find we’re to change . Thanks again for your help

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice

@TomMac Thanks for your help I was able to finally find were to edit recording. I set recording to max 120 . Will see how this works out . Thanks again!

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
Working great ! Changing the time made a huge difference. Thanks again
Lwassilak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Read you info, but it did not give details as to how to increase recording time

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
I was able to change from motion to fix by going into mode tapping armed then your camera( s ) show up tap pencil for which camera you want to change then look for recording tap that and select time you want then save.
B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
After you tap armed choices such as arm , disarm will show up tap pencil for armed your cameras will show tap pencil for camera you want to change look for recording tap that and you will be able to change time to fix. Sorry for second reply couldn’t find how to edit first reply.
Lwassilak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Read theresponse, but it contained no details as to how to increase the recording time on my arlo    vmb4000r3  firmware 1.12.2.4_2772.

Please gie me details as to how to do this.

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQ here on how to change the recording time in your modes. Briefly, use the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your mode(s). All camera settings are in the rules inside each mode. Be sure to save.

Lwassilak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yea  I finally got it to work.

Thanks

Solprof
Aspirant
Aspirant

I originally could set the recording time for the ordinary Arlo camera but after having to reset  my system I can no longer f8nd where to do it.

suggestions?

Solprof
Aspirant
Aspirant

By going into mode - armed - and then hitting the pencil to edit, I was able to edit the recording time.

thanks

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Timothy58 I was able to set to a fix time for recording by using app tap mode tap armed pencil then tap pencil for camera you want to change then tap recording video pencil and adjust time then save.

DebOKane
Aspirant
Aspirant
I followed the whole thread here. My cameras are in two groupings; one each for my business and home.

When I chose mode, the pencil (edit) only shows up next to schedule option. It’s on, off or schedule (for times of day to arms the cameras).

I really need to length my times bec the cameras are only catching the backs of people. It’s slow to start or something. Hoping maybe the length will help. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
When I set mine I had a pencil next to each camera and I tap each pencil to get to recording and have to set time to each camera. I don’t have camera on a schedule mine record when ever there is motion . I have dolor panel hooked up to each so not concerned about battery. By the way my Arlo solar panels work great. Hope this helps.
raylon4
Aspirant
Aspirant

@B2R wrote:

I have been trying to find edit recording and can’t find. Can you walk me thru. I do think fix time will solve problem. I just can’t find we’re to change . Thanks again for your help

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
Using the app this how I change my cameras to fix time. Tap mode at bottom of app screen. My device page will then show. (Armed) . Tap armed . Page showing armed, disarmed, schedule , Geofencing . Tap th pencil on right of screen for armed. Edit page will show your camera . Tap the pencil for the camera you would like to change to fix time. Edit rule page will show . Second section down page will have record video tap tot next to record video . Then tap pencil to right of record video . Then tap tot for record fixed time and move tot below that to the time you want camera to decors for. I do it for 120 seconds . My cameras are hooked up to Arlo solar panels so I’m not concerned about battery drain. Remember you have to do this for each camera you want set to fixed time. This has solved my problem. You will get a little delay from time you get notification to the time video shows up in library. System can’t send video while it’s recording. Hope this helps!
B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
Remember to save when your done setting to fixed time for each camera !
Murp02
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Murp02

I have attached an article below that will help with adjusting your cameras record time. 

How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for the reminder to "Save" the setting choice.

You must click"Back", and scroll down to choose "Save".

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation