Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How many?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ddaviddierlam
Aspirant
Aspirant

How many Arlo Pro2 cameras can you have with 7 day recording (no subscription) ?  My system says only 6 no matter how many base stations you have. I thought Pro 2 did not require a subscription. I have base VMB4000 and base VMB4500. 4000 has 5 cameras(Pro 2) and 4500 has one(VMC 2030). I tried adding another Pro 2 and it says a subscription is required in order to activate it.  I tried adding to both base stations with no luck. "Subscription required"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ddaviddierlam wrote:

How many Arlo Pro2 cameras can you have with 7 day recording (no subscription) ?  

For most people, the limit is 5.  There are a couple of folks who purchased 6-camera systems, and they are exceptions to that rule.

This limit was in place when you purchased your original system, it was not added later on by Arlo.

@ddaviddierlam wrote:

How many Arlo Pro2 cameras can you have with 7 day recording (no subscription) ?  My system says only 6 no matter how many base stations you have. 

Based on the rest of the post, your limit is 5 Pro2s.  The essential spotlight requires a subscription also (and likely is on the the trial now).

@ddaviddierlam wrote:

I have base VMB4000 and base VMB4500. 4000 has 5 cameras(Pro 2) and 4500 has one(VMC 2030). 

You have a workaround then.  You can create a second Arlo account, and shift the VMB4000 and its cameras to it.  Then use "friend" access so you can see all the cameras from your main account.

Then you can add the 6th Pro 2 to the VMB4500 (because the limit is 5 Pro 2 cameras per account).

Note if the Essential is not in a subscription plan, then you could instead move the VMB4500 and the Essential to the second account.  But if you have a subscription, then you'd need to cancel/resubscribe (and you'd lose the trial if that's what you have).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ddaviddierlam wrote:

How many Arlo Pro2 cameras can you have with 7 day recording (no subscription) ?  

For most people, the limit is 5.  There are a couple of folks who purchased 6-camera systems, and they are exceptions to that rule.

This limit was in place when you purchased your original system, it was not added later on by Arlo.

@ddaviddierlam wrote:

How many Arlo Pro2 cameras can you have with 7 day recording (no subscription) ?  My system says only 6 no matter how many base stations you have. 

Based on the rest of the post, your limit is 5 Pro2s.  The essential spotlight requires a subscription also (and likely is on the the trial now).

@ddaviddierlam wrote:

I have base VMB4000 and base VMB4500. 4000 has 5 cameras(Pro 2) and 4500 has one(VMC 2030). 

You have a workaround then.  You can create a second Arlo account, and shift the VMB4000 and its cameras to it.  Then use "friend" access so you can see all the cameras from your main account.

Then you can add the 6th Pro 2 to the VMB4500 (because the limit is 5 Pro 2 cameras per account).

Note if the Essential is not in a subscription plan, then you could instead move the VMB4500 and the Essential to the second account.  But if you have a subscription, then you'd need to cancel/resubscribe (and you'd lose the trial if that's what you have).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation