Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How many users per subscription?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Liliuokalani
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 6 users on our subscription, but we all are unable to log in from time to time because we get a notification message saying "too many users".  Can we pay to increase the amount of users to avoid use getting kicked out?  If not, how can we delete or remove users?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
There is a one user limit for the administrative login regardless of subscription.

There is no limit on the number of grant access users according to arlo.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039106/How-can-multiple-people-access-the-same-Arlo-account

Be aware that there is a 5 camera limit to simultaneous streaming of cameras per account.

There is also a limit of some unknown value for 2FA on browser apps that can generate errors.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I assume these 6 are 1 primary user and 5 granted access? I haven't heard of a limit as to how many concurrent users can be checking at one time but I suppose it's possible. @JamesC ?

Liliuokalani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the response.  Yes, what I mean is that we have 1 administrative user with 5 invited "friends" on 1 subscription.  However, there's times where each of us try to log-in, and the ARLO app prompts us to do a 2-step authentication, after we complete, a pop-up message shows up that says "too many users".

1. why is 2-step authentication necessary when they use the same phone everyday?  I turned off the 2-step authentication feature also.

2. why are we getting a pop-up saying "too many users"?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Liliuokalani wrote:

why is 2-step authentication necessary when they use the same phone everyday? 

2-step verification will go to their own "friend" account - it should not be coming to your phone.  After they log into the app, they should be able to trust their phone in the app.

FWIW, that is also what you should be doing.

Liliuokalani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. they are selecting "trust this device" but it keeps occurring.  What's FWIW? Different subscription?

We use ARLO for property management, so we need multiple staff to access the cams at different times.  They don't log in at the same time, we found out that we can't do that.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the trusted phones for each account in Settings, Profile, Login Settings, Two Step Verification and clear out duplicate or unneeded phones.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Liliuokalani wrote:

What's FWIW?

"For what it's worth"

@Liliuokalani wrote:

They don't log in at the same time, we found out that we can't do that.

That means you aren't using the "friend" account feature.  That would be the cleanest way to resolve your problem.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation