Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
mpuser
Follower
Follower

How long do the Arlo Pro 2 batteries last before having to replace them with new ones? I don't mean charging the batteries, but having to replace them all together.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine are still going strong but it depends on the individual battery as well as how often you have to charge them. Under normal usage I'd think several years is possible.

lenayres
Tutor
Tutor

I bought 5 Arlo Pro cameras about 4 1/2 years ago, and the batteries are starting to go.  They recently jumped from months of operation down to 1 to 2 weeks.  With the price per battery close to $50 each, I am considering replacing all with new updated technology cameras.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I would go with the replacement batteries and only replace cameras individually as they fail. You might be disappointed going with the newer model cameras.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lenayres wrote:

With the price per battery close to $50 each, I am considering replacing all with new updated technology cameras.

New cameras (starting with the Ultra in 2018) require a paid subscription for cloud storage.  So you should factor that into your decision.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would test the Pro 2 camera batteries by moving one closer to the base temporarily. If that solves the battery depletion issue, it's the location of the camera(s) that is causing the problem.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation