Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How does battery life on the Arlo Pro 2 compare to the Arlo Pro?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
pl804
Tutor
Tutor

Excited to see an update already for the Arlo Pro.  How does battery life on the Pro 2 compare with the Pro 1 series?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Virtually the same.
pl804
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks! That’s great to hear esp. given the new features (1080p and alert zones).
MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

unfortunately I have to disagree. The battery life on arlo pro 2 is considerably worse than the arlo pro 1. I have 3 arlo pro 2s. coming from 3 arlo pro 1s. My arlo pro 1's would last around 5 months no problem. I havent been able to get 1 full month on the arlo pro 2's. Every camera, not just 1, it may be due to the bug it has where motion would last 10 seconds but the video will record for 5 minutes. Or maybe the bugged out night vision has something to do with it. But i have not seen good battery life from the arlo pro 2 at all. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

5 minute recordings will kill the battery. You need to fix that first. What have you tried? Is all firmware up to date?

MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice
"I" need to fix that 1st? Lol I think you're mistaken. "Netgear" needs to fix that. And they have acknowledged that it is a problem. I'm using an arlo pro 2 where an arlo pro 1 was in the same place and angle and sensitivity and the arlo pro NEVER had that problem. I've turned the sensitivity down but that doesn't help and present another problem where the motion won't start capturing until someone is already too close to capture. So I'm hoping "Netgear does something about it. There are a few forum posts in reference to this by the way. And firmware has always been up to date.
jrh1194
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've found the battery life on the Pro 2 to be pretty much comparable to the Pro.  No noticeable difference that I've seen.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation