Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I retain motion videos after being viewed - Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
daveand4
Aspirant
Aspirant

After a video is viewed that was recorded due to video detection, it disappears (auto deletes?) and can't be viewed again.  We have several people viewing the cameras and getting alerts when motion is detected.  Only the first person viewing the video sees it, after that, there's no more video.  How can we set the system to retain the video (not download) at least for the days allowed for our subscription?  This is the same whether viewed from a PC, Mac or phone app.  Arlo Pro 2, HW v 8

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@daveand4

This is odd, but it could be how you have your permissions set up for the other users. I granted access to my wife and we can both view the videos on both phones and they stay there until the 30 days on my subscription deletes them.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How are you viewing the videos? Using the link in an email notification or from the library? Any chance the first person is deleting the video?

daveand4
Aspirant
Aspirant

From the library.  I talked to the guy who usually views them first, and he's not deleting the videos.

daveand4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to have the videos hang around for 30 days.  All users have "Allow Access Rights" granted.  I don't see any other options in the settings that deal with keeping videos around or users accessing them.

brh
Master
Master

@daveand4

As a test I would temporarily deny access rights to everyone. 

Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

daveand4,

It sounds like a user you've granted access to may be (possibly unintentionally) deleting the videos. As mentioned by brh, try toggling access rights off for each shared user, this will still allow them to view content, but will not allow them to delete.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation