Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How did thief evade my camera?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Gabekap
Follower
Follower
I have the Arlo Pro 2 mounted on my garage over the the entry way into my yard. I run a cable to it so I don’t have to worry about the batteries. It’s always on and I have never missed a video. Last night someone walked past the camera and stole a propane tank off my grill. The camera shows me walking out at 2 am to let my puppy pee and again at 6 am. No video in between. You can see the tank there at 2 am and gone at 6 am. The the tank was about fifteen feet from camera, clear view. It seems unlikely someone was tech savvy enough to jam my WiFi just to steal a propane tank. It did rain last night, could that have prevented camera from being triggered? I’m stumped.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a link to a daytime and nighttime video so we can see positioning.

It's still possible that someone could defeat detection by the exact direction and speed of movement. I suppose certain clothing could make a difference, too. What is your motion sensitivity in your modes and rules set to? Perhaps increasing it from the default 80 would be useful.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As PS, yes , rain can change IR effectiveness

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea I have noticed less motion capture when it rains or get drops on lens till it dries. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation