Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How can I record continuous video 24/7/365 to the USB drive I've attached to the base station?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nitot
Initiate
Initiate

How can I record continuous video 24/7/365 to the USB drive I've attached to the base station? My cameras are plugged in for continuous power. I'm OK with video being overwritten as the drive fills up. I only want to record motion alerts to the Arlo cloud drive. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You Can't..... the usb records only motion activated triggers.

the only option you have to record 24/7 is if you purchase the CVR option from Arlo

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
nitot
Initiate
Initiate

Wow, that is such a basic function of ANY security video system. How can we get the word back to Netgear to correct this? I know subscription services are where the money is, but it’s not as if Arlo hardware is so inexpensive that it should be intentionally hobbled.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, the cameras are battery-powered and would deplete the batteries quickly constantly recording. Secondly, the data stream would fill your USB drive quickly, too. Quite some time ago I recorded a live stream for a bit over an hour and had a file size rapidly approaching 2GB . Yes, large drives would make this less of an issue but the use of FAT32 limits the size of the drive's format in the first place.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation