Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How To Increase signal strength With My Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I think one of the biggest dissapointments with the Arlo Pro 2 is the Base station. There needs to be a better solution to increase the strength of the distant cameras without having to relocate the Base station to another part of the house. The Base station needs to have external antennas, or the ability to add repeaters in other parts of the house. Having to buy another Base station is complete nonsense, considering what consumers have already paid for this system.

Someone mentioned upgrading to a more powerful WIFI router. Truth is, that will not make a difference in the camera strength signal since it is controlled by the Base station.

I think Netgear/Arlo needs to come up with a better solution for the Base station, since many users have been reporting these issues for some time.

Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There is an extender - it's called a second base. Position one in each location needed to provide specific cameras with optimal signal.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

See my original post......Is there a cheaper alternative than having to buy a 2nd Base station?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no other extender. A second base is your option if locating the existing base differently isn't an option.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I use a 2nd base, and it helps. Plus a fast internet connection, and a good WIFI router makes a difference too.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation